Friday, April 17, 2020

4-17-20 : Remember, our fate is not entirely in our own hands - Day 25


My wife is doing about as well as expected, given the current issues. She hasn’t been sleeping well and actually has a virtual appointment with a Doc today to see if they can do anything or give her something to sleep. Hopefully this turns a corner, to ease at least one of her many stressors.

Me? Stressed, a little depressed, and not sleeping well either. It has become hard to unwind at times, seeing how keyed up my wife is at all times now. Which makes it hard for me to vent, in fear of just piling my issues on top of hers. I feel like I have to be strong for her and the boy, while running interference with my mother-in-law, and this takes its toll.

The boy is doing better with the virtual schooling. Wife sent a message to his English teacher about the course load, the teacher was expecting them to do an additional 1-2 hours a night after class, so the teacher sent a survey to the kids asking about the amount. Here’s hoping we actually hear anything about that. He’s been doing better recently after we told him that he should be FaceTiming with his friends more... that has seemed to bring his spirits up.

Luckily my week off from work is next week. Hopefully, I won’t get called in over something small - the last week that was mine to be off they called, twice.

No comments:

Post a Comment